Tafty, Taft! You turned two and the last couple of weeks have been evidence of it. I don't write this to make you feel bad, but to remind me that there are good days and bad days and that the bad days were real, and the good days were wonderful.
You have some very strong opinions about everything. The simple day to day activities that you used to do are now rethought in your brain and often reengineered. Bed? I'd rather sleep on the floor. Carseat? Please, no! Getting into my chair at the table...is there a trapeze I could take to get there? It has been almost insanity, but somehow we have made it through. Emily Stephens gave me a book about talking to little kids and I need it to talk to you! There are some days it zaps all my strength to invent and reinvent new things to help you do what you need to do.
But most of the time you are happy. You are growing and learning to do new things. You are asserting your independence and that is an important part of growth. I am grateful for who you are and I love you! You will always have the most kissable cheeks and endearing smile! You are my Tafty!


No comments:
Post a Comment